If you are an environmentalist like I am, you probably avoid buying bottled water.
Bottled water industrie have relied on fear marketing practices to sell on the false belief that pre-packaged water is cleaner and safer than tap water—a notion that is costing households in the U.S. over $16 billion per year.
No many people actually know that there are two varieties of bottled water:
- -Natural Spring Water, that is sourced from the springs across the US.
- -Purified Water, that comes from the local water supply
Business Insider has compiled a list where each favorite water bottle brand comes from.
Check out the list below, and find out where your bottled water is sourced from:
- -Nestle Pure Life: Purified water, well or municipal water
- -Dasani: Purified water, local water supply
- -Aquafina: Purified water, public water sources, 40 bottling facilities in the U.S.
- -Deer Park: Natural spring water, springs across the U.S.
- -Poland Spring: Natural spring water, springs in Maine
- -Smartwater: Purified water, municipal water systems
- -Ozarka: Natural spring water, springs in Texas
- -Crystal Geyser: Natural spring water, springs across the U.S.
Although you may not mind where the water you are paying for is sourced from, it’s worth knowing that purified water from the local water systems is basically plain old tap water bottled nicely and sold with 500% markup.
Next time you buy bottled water, check the list above and make sure its natural spring water!
Please SHARE this article on Facebook!