Coca-Cola is by far the most popular brand around the world being sold at almost every corner around the globe.
Yet, some experts suggest that the acidity in this drink can seriously threaten our health on the long-term. When tested, the pH of Coca- Cola is just a number higher than the one of the battery acid.
“The chemical cocktail that you drink for refreshment is practically killing your metabolism since its acidity level matches the acidity levels of the battery acid.
This stomach lining killing poison is associated with diseases like cardiac arrest, stroke, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, etc. and is especially bad for young children as it interferes with the balanced diet, rather than complementing it.
It is said that people who consume this fizzy poison inculcate dependence on caffeine and deficiency of important minerals like calcium, magnesium, and vitamin A. “
Furthermore, Medical News Today reports about the serious negative effects of the excessive consumption of Coca Cola:
“There are approximately 10 teaspoons of added sugar in a single can of cola. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommend consuming no more than 6 teaspoons of added sugar daily, meaning drinking just one serving of cola a day could take us well above these guidelines.
As such, it is no surprise that sugary drink consumption is associated with an array of health conditions.
According to the Harvard School of Public Health, people who drink 1-2 cans of sugary beverages daily are 26% more likely to develop type 2 diabetes, and last month, Medical News Today reported on a study claiming 184,000 global deaths each year are down to sugary drink consumption.”
A study conducted by The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute pointed out that the consumption of at least one soda daily increases the risk of metabolic syndrome by a whopping 44%.
Furthermore, another study conducted over four years and included 2,400 middle-aged participants who consumed soda daily found that they had:
-31% higher risk of becoming obese
-32% higher risk of lower levels of good cholesterol
-A rise of 25% in the risk of high blood sugar and high blood triglycerides
-Risk of high blood pressure
Also, another study saw a 48% increase in the risk of a stroke or heart attack in people that consume soda drink daily.
This is why you should avoid any soda drinks and use it as a cleaning agent instead ( due to its acidity )
Ten ways to use Coke at home:
- Bring back the shine of chrome objects — Use Coke with
aluminumfoil to get the chrome objects shiny again.
- Remove rust – Wet a cloth in it, and use it to scrub the rust from your metal objects in the house.
- Wash your engine – Coke will help you make your car engine shiny again.
- Remove strip paint from metal furniture – Dip a towel or a sponge in Coke and use it to rub the surfaces with paint.
- Clean old burnt pans – Pour some Coke in the pan and let it soak it for few minutes before rinsing it.
- Clean china — Coke will help you remove the stains of
- Clean your toilet — Pour Coke throughout the entire toilet bowl, and flush it after several minutes.
- Make Pennies Shiny again – Soak the old pennies in Coke to restore shine and clean the tarnish.
- Blood stains — Use Coke to remove bloodstains from fabrics and clothes.
- Clean oil stains from garage floor – Pour some Coke on the garage floor and leave it for a while, use a hose to wash it off.
Next time you need a powerful household cleaner, buy some Coke!
If you found this article informative, dont forget to SHARE it on Facebook!